Screenshots of the Game
About the Game
- 64 players per server
- Large Cities to fight for control over
- Give orders to your gangsters from above, then fight it out in 3rd Person
- 9 Different Gangs to choose from (including SWAT/Police)
- 50+ weapons to select from
- 30+ vehicles to select from
- 12 different commands/orders to issue to your gangsters
- Statistics and Rank tracking for players and gangs
- World Editor to create your own cities
I started developing Urban Empires in 2004 under the name Gang War. When I was 20 years old I signed a worldwide publishing contract for the game with a Canadian game publishing company called Strategy First. I've played their games pretty much my whole life, I was excited about the contract to say the least. I spent $100,000s of my money producing art assets for the project - and spent over 4 years programming the entire game and engine from scratch by myself. Strategy First never paid me a penny for this game's development - in fact when I changed the name to Urban Empires, they trademarked the name even though they have no rights to the name - and contractually they have no ability to trademark my intellectual property.
Around 2008 all I could think to do, at the time, was start on another project. Strategy First has declared bankruptcy numerous times - and they have an extensive history of not paying developers & publishers royalties owed [ see link at Wikipedia ]. I refuse to give up the name of my game, or throw away years of hard work!
If you want to see this badass game come back to life - please click the donate button below to help me continue development and get the rights to my game back! Any donations will receive a copy of the project when it is finished.
CEO / Lead Programmer
Donate to Urban Empires Here
Character Concept Art
Videos of the Game
Official Urban Empires Website